About this blog

I am terrible at using chopsticks, no matter who shows me, and no matter how hard I try. I was born left-handed but the nuns beat me until I learned to write with my right hand, and anything requiring a lot of dexterity remains a challenge. Maybe months and months of living in Taiwan will help me get it... or I will lose lots of weight and probably will accidentally leave behind a few forks. It's all good.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shopping Saturday? More like slouching

I meant to get going today and go shopping... I was up really early, ate breakfast from the suites' food back in my room (I think I'm the only one staying here this weekend), but then I fell asleep. I woke up at noon.
The usual breakfast... but there was bacon today in addition to ham slices and kielbasa. Still haven't figured out what that flavor of yogurt is!

I messed around for a while, took a bath in the amazingly big and deep marble bathtub (the water comes to my shoulders if I'm sitting down, and if I put my back against one end, my feet don't touch the other), and then took a quick shower to wash my hair.

I got my stuff together and headed for the Dapinglin MRT, but then I realized 1/3 of the way down the stairs that I didn't have my VISA card with me, and therefore, had just NT$156 on me... that's only about $4.50, so I wasn't going to get any real shopping done!

I walked back to the suites and decided to hang out in the A/C for a few minutes... and then a thunderstorm started... so I said the heck with it and made myself lunch... my old standard, instant ramen noodles drained with spaghetti sauce (I have one more meal's worth of the Trader Joe's bolognese that I brought from home).

It is still raining but there's only two more hours of daylight, so I'm going to go now. I really want to do the Costco/RT-Mart walk in the daylight... I have no idea what that district is like. I'm sure it will be fine.  More later! IKEA MEATBALLS are on the shopping agenda! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment