About this blog

I am terrible at using chopsticks, no matter who shows me, and no matter how hard I try. I was born left-handed but the nuns beat me until I learned to write with my right hand, and anything requiring a lot of dexterity remains a challenge. Maybe months and months of living in Taiwan will help me get it... or I will lose lots of weight and probably will accidentally leave behind a few forks. It's all good.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Put me in coach

Quick post about the airplane food on EVA Airlines in coach class. Summary: pretty good!

First up, we had "dinner" at about 4 am Seattle time (7 pm Taipei time).
I chose the chicken and pasta (fish and rice was the other choice). There was a big piece of chicken with pasta underneath; some steamed broccoli, a mediocre Caesar salad, a wheat roll, fruit, and a yummy cheesecake brownie.

My midnight (Taipei time) snack was a favorite: water and a Choco-pie. Actually, they had Choco-pies, little bags of mixed nuts, and little packets of soda crackers available all the time, along with glasses of juice and water.

Breakfast was your choice of omelet or Chinese porridge. The omelet was good, if plain; the bacon was not pork -- turkey maybe? and the potatoes were good. The blueberry muffin had soy flour :-( but the blueberry yogurt was good. Also, she brought me a Diet Coke! 

Each meal was served with nice plasticware, as you can see; the Asian meals came with chopsticks only if requested.

Utensils: plasticware

No comments:

Post a Comment