About this blog

I am terrible at using chopsticks, no matter who shows me, and no matter how hard I try. I was born left-handed but the nuns beat me until I learned to write with my right hand, and anything requiring a lot of dexterity remains a challenge. Maybe months and months of living in Taiwan will help me get it... or I will lose lots of weight and probably will accidentally leave behind a few forks. It's all good.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Nod To A Friend and Farewells

Here I am again! Guest contributor, OsakaJack, with a link to another great blog by a foodie in Taiwan. I am doing this because there was a great post on some new eateries in Taipei and, sadly, some closures. And in linking, I wanted to add one more with a heavy heart.

- Sweet Tooth Club closed its storefront, though the owner Ariel is still baking from home. Follow their facebook page for updates
- Couldn't believe that longtime Chinese restaurant Shanghai Fans was closed after reader Jane L. left a comment on the post, but I saw the emptied location with my own eyes. Sadface.
- A few days after I posted my revisit to Patio Thai, I drove by and also saw construction and an emptied out restaurant (bye bye koi pond). But a different Thai restaurant is set to open in the same location in June 2011. We'll see if it's the same owner/management or new owners- hopefully they'll still have good pad thai.--Hungry In Taipei


There was a place out in Da an which was a small, cozy fusion bistro. The kitchen was solely run by a very capable Canadian chef and the bar was managed by a very generous Irishman. The place was really a second home to me. So it was very sad to hear that Galley Gong Bistro closed its doors about a month ago. The city is a little emptier because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment